IBM had an excellent teleconference earlier this week on CICS event processing. The presentor was Mark Crocker, Senior Software Engineer in CICS Development at Hursley. Coming in CICS/TS 4.1 will be new API and facilities to define events that can pass data to such recipients as Websphere Business Monitor, another CICS application, or to an applicati0n on another platform via MQ – without necessarily writing any code. The PDF from the presentation is available, and does a good job of covering everything from what an event is to how they are defined in CICS/TS 4.1. The folks behind CICS have done a fantastic job of providing facilities to open up the millions and millions of lines of code existing in CICS, making them available to other applications without re-writing and losing that investment.
- I'm "the CICS guy" at our shop. Whether you are the CICS guy (or gal) in your world, a CICS developer, or one of our IBM friends, hopefully you will find something of interest or of value here.
Tag Cloudabend codes abends apar asra Basics beta blogs cedf CICS CICSbuzz cics explorer CICSPlex cics tips cics transaction gateway cmac cobol dst dynamic scripting events EXCI fix green ibm Impact interview intro IPCS ISPF ispf editor java jobs JSON liberty loops mainframe messages mobile modern batch mq newcopy ote performance PHP racf release information rexx share soa social networking sun supportpac temp storage Third Party Products threadsafe time change trial upgrade utilities VSAM VTOC webcast web services whitepaper xpediter z/OS zap
- 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa: We enjoyed the Crescent Hotel's charm and history. Well worth ... flip.to/72OAUm-tw @1886Crescent 10 months ago
- @AndrewMayne , I just purchased #publicenemyzero softcover. How do I get the autographed insert you mentioned on #weirdthings ? 1 year ago
- Another CICS Celebration (maybe) – Congrats,@Hursley! wp.me/pjkoF-6d 3 years ago
- Happy Birthday CICS! 45 Years and Going Strong! wp.me/pjkoF-6a 3 years ago
- IBM Impact 2014, Part 1 wp.me/pjkoF-66 3 years ago