When enabling REXX for CICS in a CICS/TS 3.2 environment, I got an REX1 abend when trying to format the RFS pools. I couldn’t find that abend code documented in CMAC, and didn’t have any luck finding anything relevant in SIS, so I ran it through CEDF. CEDF reported that the real abend was an ASRA at offset x’03CA8E’ in CICREXD. Again, I had no luck finding this abend documented, so I opened an ETR with IBM CICS support. After I provided them with a system dump, they were able to tell me that the abend was actually ocurring in module DBUGDZST, which is an Xpediter module. Turning off storage monitoring for the REXX transaction allowed the process to run successfully.
- I'm "the CICS guy" at our shop. Whether you are the CICS guy (or gal) in your world, a CICS developer, or one of our IBM friends, hopefully you will find something of interest or of value here.
Tag Cloudabend codes abends apar asra Basics beta blogs cedf CICS CICSbuzz cics explorer CICSPlex cics tips cics transaction gateway cmac cobol dst dynamic scripting events EXCI fix green ibm Impact interview intro IPCS ISPF ispf editor java jobs JSON liberty loops mainframe messages mobile modern batch mq newcopy ote performance PHP racf release information rexx share soa social networking sun supportpac temp storage Third Party Products threadsafe time change trial upgrade utilities VSAM VTOC webcast web services whitepaper xpediter z/OS zap
- 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa: We enjoyed the Crescent Hotel's charm and history. Well worth ... flip.to/72OAUm-tw @1886Crescent 1 year ago
- @AndrewMayne , I just purchased #publicenemyzero softcover. How do I get the autographed insert you mentioned on #weirdthings ? 2 years ago
- Another CICS Celebration (maybe) – Congrats,@Hursley! wp.me/pjkoF-6d 3 years ago
- Happy Birthday CICS! 45 Years and Going Strong! wp.me/pjkoF-6a 3 years ago
- IBM Impact 2014, Part 1 wp.me/pjkoF-66 4 years ago