IBM has issued a new whitepaper entitled “Why to choose CICS Transaction Server for new IT projects“. Authored by Andrew Bates, the document is targeted towards IT leaders who are considering their options for new projects. Andrew does a good job of justifying the mainframe platform as opposed to server farms, and positioning CICS as a desirable runtime environment. Not a whole lot to be found that is new for those in the trenches, but a good read to forward to managers. IBM needs to be striving to position more such articles where IT decision makers can learn more about how the mainframe environment can be good for ROI.
- I'm "the CICS guy" at our shop. Whether you are the CICS guy (or gal) in your world, a CICS developer, or one of our IBM friends, hopefully you will find something of interest or of value here.
Tag Cloudabend codes abends apar asra Basics beta blogs cedf CICS CICSbuzz cics explorer CICSPlex cics tips cics transaction gateway cmac cobol dst dynamic scripting events EXCI fix green ibm Impact interview intro IPCS ISPF ispf editor java jobs JSON liberty loops mainframe messages mobile modern batch mq newcopy ote performance PHP racf release information rexx share soa social networking sun supportpac temp storage Third Party Products threadsafe time change trial upgrade utilities VSAM VTOC webcast web services whitepaper xpediter z/OS zap
- 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa: We enjoyed the Crescent Hotel's charm and history. Well worth ... flip.to/72OAUm-tw @1886Crescent 7 months ago
- @AndrewMayne , I just purchased #publicenemyzero softcover. How do I get the autographed insert you mentioned on #weirdthings ? 1 year ago
- Another CICS Celebration (maybe) – Congrats,@Hursley! wp.me/pjkoF-6d 2 years ago
- Happy Birthday CICS! 45 Years and Going Strong! wp.me/pjkoF-6a 3 years ago
- IBM Impact 2014, Part 1 wp.me/pjkoF-66 3 years ago